Guest Room Tour

Welcome to our guest room!

I had to let the craft room go and transform this space into a guest room. 


My family lives in a different state, so when they come to visit, I want them to be comfortable and have their own space. Which is why we decided to say good by to the craft room. 

Lets take a peek:



As I am sure most peoples "guest rooms" are, this room is full of old things from around the house. The only thing I actually bought for this room is the bed and mattress. Desk was in our office, linens are from my old queen sized bed, lamp is from our living room, chair is from the dining room ..... you get the point :)

Wall stencil: etsy

Bed: IKEA
Desk: IKEA (no longer available)
Chair: IKEA
Euro shams: DIY (fabric is from IKEA)
Coral pillows: DIY
Small green throw pillow: Home Goods
Mirror: Thrifted



The white, orange and green boxes are from IKEA, everything else on the shelf are things from around the house. The boxes hold my crafting things: ribbons, buttons, elastic, stamps, patterns...

The desk drawers have my thread, needles and other sewing things.

I store the sewing machine in the closet, If I need to sew something quick, I use the desk. 
If I need more room, I bring the sewing machine down to the dining table. 


The  bench we keep in front of the bed is for our dining room. 
If we are having a big dinner party, we bring the bench down to the dining room since I only have 8 chairs. 


I just got a elliptical this week! (Gotta  get back into shape before summer)
I will keep it here, if we have guest coming, I will have the hubby move it to our room for a while. 








Thanks for visiting. 


Hope you all have a great day 




22 comments:

  1. Thanks for the i-visit of your guest room - it certainly looks inviting! Love all that you have done to it...J

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful space! The stencilled wall is lovely and the green striped euros are my fave.

    Jenny
    Www.simcoestreet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The room looks amazing! I love the colors you used. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely guess room! even the most pretentious visitor will feel happy there.
    Glad to had found your blog.
    Love,
    Dolly

    ReplyDelete
  5. The guest room looks great! I love the coral pillows!!! I am looking for a coral fabric just like that to make a shower curtain for the new hall bath. (I just need to figure out the sewing machine my Mom gave me first. I have only sewn a few things with a jr. battery operated machine and a couple of youtube how to videos so far)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Guest room is amazing! I LOVE the coral and green together. The wall stencil is gorgeous! How long did that take you?
    This is a room where any guest will feel right at home!

    I found you through Classy Clutter's Link up! Glad I did, now I can see what else you've been up to! I'm your newest follower!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely inviting space for your guests! I have a desk in our guest room that doubles as a sewing station too. I am visiting from Classy Clutter party and I will definitely come back. Following you now! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. looks great, I bet it was hard to give up your craft room, you must love your family a lot! Great job without spending a ton and gaining an organized craft closet too!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  9. The room looks great. We don't have a guest room because we have a toy/craft room. But we have only been in this house since December and it is seriously small. It is only a three bedroom 1 bathroom. It's a company house though so we get super cheap rent. But I really miss our old house on the other side of the country. We had sooo much space!

    ReplyDelete
  10. you have such a great eye for bringing things together! glad to be your newest follower:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a welcoming space you've created for your company! Fun to see what you can do without having to spend a lot of money! TALU

    ReplyDelete
  12. I so wish I had a spare bedroom in my home! I just LOVE the colors you picked! I would Love to have you share at my link party and any other fabulous redos! http://www.pincushioncreations.com/2013/03/homemade-by-you-43.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the colors you used! I love orange but it looks really great mixed with the green! Thanks for linking up at Project Inspire{d}!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the colors & the room redo! Just became a follower....would love to have you stop by fo a visit at pinecreekstyle.blogspot.com
    Have a wonderful day...NeeCee

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very cute! I love all of the pillows!

    ReplyDelete
  16. gorgeous work! i love the patterned wall and love the color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  17. absolutely gorgeous I am in love the perfect inspiration my bedroom needs a revamp

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great room, Rita! I love the stencil, love the colors. Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous! I love that stenciled wall. So fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  20. beautiful. love the way you've styled the bed. gorgeous linens.

    ReplyDelete
  21. When can I come over? :D love it very cozy

    ReplyDelete