February Birchbox



Whenever I get my birchbox in the mail, I get so excited. I don't peek into my birchbox profile, so it is always a surprise on what I am getting. This month I was not disappointed. 

Don't know what birchbox is?

It's a monthly subscription service which is $10.00 a month. First you take a little survey, so they can find out more about your skin, make up likes and dislikes. Just so they know what to send you. You get 4-5 high end samples in the mail. You can then turn around and review your products for points. You get 10 points per product review. So you can get 50 points per box. 100 points is $10 you can use at the birchbox store. 

I love this because I get to try products that I would have never had a chance to try. A lot of them were amazing, and I have purchased them on my own. 

Now, lets see what I got in this months box:





What Birchbox says:  Adenosine improves skin’s elasticity, and arbutin brightens and evens out skin tone. Rare caviar extract promotes collagen production, while titanium dioxide and zinc oxide provide broad spectrum UVA and UVB protection

What I say: The sample size was enough for 2 uses. I was impressed at the coverage of this BB cream. I didn't even need to wear any concealer,   which is unusual because of my hyper-pigmentation. 
I like that the full size comes with a pump.
This BB cream is pretty highly rated online, the reviews say that it even improves your skin with frequent use.. I can see why. It is a perfect daily use.

I am putting this on my list to buy. I usually use a tinted moisturizer on a daily basis, but this has better coverage and lasts longer then my current tinted moisturizer. 


What Birchbox says:  Bright and zesty mandarin, crisp green apple, and tart red currant notes open up the fragrance, while soft lily of the valley and orange blossom lend it a hint of chic femininity.

What I say: This is a pleasant smell, I don't like it more then the viva la juicy, but more then the original Juicy. Won't be purchasing. 


What Birchbox says: The fine, lightweight foam sinks immediately into wet strands for long-lasting volume.


What I say: I am not a big fan of hair styling products, I usually prefer hairspray and dry shampoo. But I used this and am in love! You spray it in the roots of your wet hair, then blow dry. It looks like I back combed, but I didn't. The volume is still there the next day to! It doesnt leave your hair, sticky or nasty. It just feels like there is a bit of texture at your roots. As soon as I run out, I am buying the full size!

theBalm / Hot Mama Blush full size: $20

What Birchbox says: This illuminating powder is one of the most flattering blush, highlighter, and shadow combos we’ve ever come across. It combines subtle color with light-reflecting silica particles to give us the peachy keen complexions we’ve always wanted. Wear it on your cheeks, your lids, and wherever you want to add a dose of shimmery warmth.

What I say: This is such a great sample size. It is a beautiful color, I can see why it is so highly rated (and even sold out on Birchbox) It will suit many skin tones.
I can see myself purchasing this, after I run out of my sample.  

swatch of the color:


The treat this time was a Ghirardelli Milk and Caramel square, this is one of my favorite chocolates and was a nice treat. 

That's my birchbox, What did you get in yours?



1 comments:

  1. Those Ghirdelli chocolates are probably one of my favorite things!

    Sheree
    The Hartungs Blog
    thehartungs.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete