Monday, February 4, 2013

Current Face Routine


My skin care routine is always changing, I am always looking for something better.  Let me tell you a little bit about my skin: It is very oily, sensitive and acne prone (especially around that time of the month)

I have tried almost every kind of drugstore product out there during the past 10 years of my life, and have moved on to department store products and have noticed a huge difference in my skin. 



So here is what I have been using everyday:



To remove makeup: Bioderma, which is by far the best makeup remover I have ever used.

To cleanse face I use Mario Badescu Foaming Cleanser
To Tone I use: Clarins Toner
I use the clarisonic at the end of the day.


To moisturize during the day, I use Hope in a jar. I don't love it, but want to use it up, before I try something new. 

I use Embrolisse on those days when I wear makeup (it is amazing as a primer/moisterizer)

My alltime favorite lip balms are the sprout lip balms.They are all natural and literally melt onto your lips. 

For nightime I use Neutrogena Ageless essentials night cream. This is a new thing I added recently to my routine, because I am getting older and need something  a little moisturizing.  

I use Mario Badescu Eye cream twice a day. 

I use the Mario Badescu drying cream whenever I get any hormonal breakouts. 



 If you have similar skin as mine, please let me know what you use and what your favorite products are. 


Thanks so much for visiting. 




7 comments:

  1. Hi Rita, My name is Catalina, and I am from Romania. I follow your posts from some time now, and I have decided to write you only now. Did you know that Mario Badescu is Romanian? I am astonished to see that you use his products! To tell you the truth I did not use them, but if you say they're ok, I believe you, as I have the same skin type as yours! Oily, sensitive, needs hidration and acne prone. I also like to use Bioderma as a make-up remover! But for may oily and sensitive skin I use a miracle oil (that's right! a mixture of 3 oils): http://shop.lia-delicii.ro/cumpara/zona-t-2614475! But I am afraid they do not ship outside Romania, you may try to contact them.

    Love your posts! Bye!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I had no idea that Mario Badescu was Romanian. I am afraid that link is in romanian, The miracle oil looks interesting, however you are right, they dont ship to the US, not even on Amazon. I will have to look into it further.

      Delete
  2. I use the clarisonic also. For face creams and mosturizers I use the hsn line serious skincare vitamin A line. It has retinol and stuff. Lol. The only issue i have with it is that my face feels dry (but i think that is from the retinol) so i end up putting on another layer abot five minutes after if not wearing makeup, or I use the primer that is included in the kit before putting on makeup. I also use aveeno vitamin c cream which i really like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, Melissa. I have never even heard of the HSN line, I will do some research on it. Thank you again.

      Delete
  3. I use the Neutrogena Ageless moisturizer at night. I'm 29, which some might think is too young for wrinkle cream, but I love the way it moisturizes. I've also just started using the 3 step Clinique acne system. No verdict on it yet. I don't have oily skin but everything else is just like you.

    Keep up the posts on your products. I always like to know what other people are using.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cherish, Thank you so much for your comment. I have tried the Clinique three step plan, however, it didnt work for me. I certainly don't feel to young to use a wrinkle cream (i am 26) especially when I use such strong creams to dry the acne, I don't want to leave my skin parched. I will keep the posts up, I know always read reviews before I invest my money into skincare, So I am sure I am not the only one. :)

      Delete
  4. Hi Rita, I found your blog through Pinterest. I recently started using Paula's Choice Skin Balancing line. I also use antibiotics around 'that time of the month' and a retin-a cream, as well as, clyndamiacin prescribed by my Dermatologist. I have very similar skin as what you describe, and this has helped immensely. I also use a Clarisonic, and I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete