Roasted Brussel Sprouts


Do you eat brussel sprouts? I used to think they were gross, but that was because I have only tried them steamed before. I roast them drizzled with olive oil, crushed garlic and salt/pepper. 

Just a little note: Serve them right away! Reheated, they just don't taste the same. 

Here is how I make them. I usually pick up brussel sprouts at Trader Joe's, its one of those things that I never put on my list, but if  see them, I get some. 

Click HERE to print

Ingredients:

Brussel sprouts
1/4 cup of Olive oil
1/2 Paprika
Salt/pepper to taste
4 garlic cloves (minced)
Nuts (optional)

Directions:

Trim the Brussel sprout off the stalk.  
Cut off the bottom and peel off any leaves that fall off.
I usually cut my brussel sprouts in half.
Take a large bag ziplock bag and put them in there.

Add about 1/4 cup of olive oil, salt, pepper, crushed garlic and paprika and give everything a good mix.
You can keep the sprouts in the zip lock bag in the fridge until you are ready to to roast them. 
(example: I prepare this in the morning and stick in the fridge until its time to make dinner)

Place the brussel sprouts onto a baking dish 

Sometime I add nuts. Pine nuts, walnuts... whatever I have in the pantry. 
This time it was walnuts.

Preheat oven to 350 and roast for about 30 minutes, stirring often. 

Serve hot . 




2 comments:

  1. Yum! Thanks for the new recipe. I've always loved brussels sprouts and think it's a shame they get such a bad rap. I'll have to give this a try! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the recipe!! My husband was raving about how delicious they were at your table, and I agree!!

    ReplyDelete