New Shared Kids Room Tour

You may have read that I switched the guest room to the kids room a few weeks ago. I thought I would  show you a few pics of the new room. Even though I am still planing on getting rid of the changing table and bookshelf and replacing them with a two IKEA expedit bookshelves for more toy storage. 
But everything takes time and money... I will do an update when I get around to doing that. 

My daughter (5) and son (2) share this room. I browsed around for ideas on shared rooms on pinterest and decided that I didn't want to go with any themes, I just wanted a neutral space where I can add lots of color, since my daughter really wanted pink bedding

Before I had the kids room in the bonus room

Then I moved them over to what is now our guest room, now I am moving them back to what was originally the nursery to begin with 4 years ago. Yes I can't let things be. I think it because we have a "smallish" house and I keep moving things around trying to make us fit better. 

One day I hope to have a big enough rooms for my all my kids and a guest room, schoolroom, and office. A girl can dream, right?

Alright, Welcome to the kids room/playroom:



Bunk beds are from pottery barn, we got them for an amazing deal on craigslist
Bookshelf and dresser are from IKEA






 







On the left hand side of the closet we store more toys






The bottom bunk is my little mans. The quilt is from pottery barn (also a craigslist find!) I just had to buy the matching sham. 

The top bunk is my daughters. She loves it up here. It's her own little cozy nook. 
She really wanted pink bedding, so we found her this quilt at Target.


Well, that about wraps it up. Let me know if you have any questions. 


Thanks for visiting!

3 comments:

  1. We have 3 bedrooms in my house, and originally we had our girls in one room and the toy room in another, it was absolutely wonderful, but now I have a baby that needs to go into his own room soon, and we've been looking for ideas on how to incorporate the toy room into their bedroom. This page gave me a lot of good ideas for that. Thankyou!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your children's bedoom was gorgeous. Your kids would definitely like to share room in this lovely area. It's pretty obvious that the bunk bed was custom-built since the style is similar to the table, bookshelves, and drawers too. It's simply amazing! :)


    Felipa Barela

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your kids' bedroom! It's very clean, fresh and well organized. The bunk bed looks great too Children usually want a double deck especially siblings. Anyway, I was amazed with how you made the room look adorable. You kept things in order and made sure that your little ones will enjoy hanging out there at the same time. Good job!

    Gabrielle Jeromy @ Majestic Renovations

    ReplyDelete