January 2013 Birchbox



Whenever I get my birchbox in the mail, I get so excited. I don't peek into my birchbox profile, so it is always a surprise on what I am getting. This month I was not disappointed. 

Don't know what birchbox is?

It's a monthly subscription service which is $10.00 a month. First you take a little survey, so they can find out more about your skin, make up likes and dislikes. Just so they know what to send you. You get 4-5 high end samples in the mail. You can then turn around and review your products for points. You get 10 points per product review. So you can get 50 points per box. 100 points is $10 you can use at the birchbox store. 

I love this because I get to try products that I would have never had a chance to try. A lot of them were amazing, and I have purchased them on my own. 

Now, lets see what I got in this months box:


Aerie Shimmer Fragrance Full size $39.95
The scent is a blend of bergamot, peony, and a subtle hint of vanilla.
 
This scent is so so. It isn't bad but it isn't amazing either. I feel that it is a forgetful smell. 
I wont be purchasing. 

This French moisturizer heals dryness and leaves skin primed for foundation. 

I have to say that it truly does what it says it will do! I have been having some dryness around my mouth and nose and my makeup was looking cakey and yucky. My usual moisterizer and primer were not helping. 
 I applied this overnight and woke up with all the dryness gone. The next day I used it as a primer under my foundation and I have to say that my makeup looked 10X better then it did before. I am definitely buying this asap. Amazon has it for $8 less

This tricolored oil prevents heat damage and gives hair an instant shine boost. 

I will be honest with you. I have not tried this yet. I am very hesitant to. 
I have very fine hair. It is not dry or frizzy. It is already shiny on its own. 
So I don't want to put oil into it. 
I will eventually try it... on a weekday, just in case my hair looks to oily and I have to jump back into the shower. LOL. You will see it in my empties with a review in a while. 

This skin friendly moisturizer is made exclusively vegan, organic ingredients. 

I got the apple and grape scent. 

I liked how my skin felt after using this, however the smell is to strong. It doesn't linger and fades pretty quickly, but I cringed every time I used these samples. They smell like a grape and green apple lollipop, very artificial. 
 I see that they have a vanilla one online, I wonder if I would have liked that one more. 
Will not be purchasing. 

User friendly pen applicator and super smooth formula. 

I am so happy I got this! My old liquid liner dried up and I have been meaning to pick a new one up. 
This liner is highly rate everywhere! I am glad I got the color black. 

The tip is nice and skinny:




Well, that is everything I got this month. 

What did you get in your Birchbox this month?



0 comments:

Post a Comment