November 2012 Birchbox

I have been MIA for a while (visiting family for Thanksgiving), post on that coming very soon :)

Our wonderful neighbor took care of our house and collected our mail for the time we were gone, 

So here is my November birchbox, better late then never, right?

Don't know what birchbox is?


It's a monthly subscription service which is $10.00 a month. First you take a little survey, so they can find out more about your skin, make up likes and dislikes. Just so they know what to send you. You get 4-5 high end samples in the mail. You can then turn around and review your products for points. You get 10 points per product review. So you can get 50 points per box. 100 points is $10 you can use at the birchbox store. 


You can go to Birchbox to get more information.


Atelier Cologne: Full size $75-$195
What Birchbox says: Thanks to the Spicy ginger and a touch of bergamot, this sexy new rose scent is more sophisticated than sweet. 

What I say: This is way to strong! Not something I would ever wear. In fact just taking a whiff gave me a headache. Although the post card it came with is pretty.

Miracle Skin Transformer: Full size $58.00
What birchbox says: Serum infused primer, which have optical diffusers that mask imperfections. 

What I say: I am running low on my primer so I decided to try this right away, I did not like it. It feels like vaseline on my skin, with my oily skin and this primer, my makeup wiped right off. 
I am going to stick to my Laura Mercier Primer. 

Oscar Blandi Pronto Texture & Volume Spray: Full size $25
What Birchbox says: Light, nonsticky spray gives dry hair a volumnious, sexy tousled look. Spray from ends to roots for best results. 

What I say: I actually liked this product. I have very fine hair. I wash my hair every 2-3 days, so by the 3rd day I have flat, oily hair. I sprayed this at the roots (in addition to my dry shampoo) and it gave it some volume. It gives your hair a gritty texture, which helps with the volume.

Stila All over shimmer liquid luminizer: Full size: $20

What Birchbox says: Add a touch of this luminescent fluid to your cheekbones or decolletage, or mix with your foundation. 

What I say:  I got the rose gold color, which is a bit to pink for my skin tone at the moment. 
However, I have liked all the stila products I have gotten so far, this is not exception. I used this as a highlight.  
Not something I would use on a everyday basis, but it is nice when I take the time to do my makeup. 

Lifestyle extra: Chuao Chocolotier. 7 pack $7.95

What birchbox says: These bite sized artisanal treats are made with premium Venezuelan cocao and come in a range of unexpected flavors.

What I say: Don't mess with my chocolate! Salty chips, bacon and breadcrumbs don't belong in chocolate!  I got the potato chip one and although the chips are very fine, after I swallowed the chocolate, I still had pieces of potato chips in my mouth. Not pleasant. 


I am not too pleased with my birchbox this month. What did you get in yours?



0 comments:

Post a Comment