Mushroom & Cheese Tart



I love those times when I "accidently" make something and it actually turns out good! Does that ever happen to you? What am I saying, off course  it does. 
 I took some puff pastry to thaw. I had the full intention on making cannolis, but we already had a variety of desserts and sweets. So I decided to make something savory instead. Now I didn't want to pack up the kids for a grocery store run so I turned to my fridge. 
I had some mushrooms (I love mushrooms! I always make sure I have some in my fridge) I had some asparagus and cheese. I decided to risk it and snapped some pics along the way, just incase it turned out well. 

So this is what I created:




Ok, tell me that doesn't look good? 

I think this would be great for a brunch, appetizer or served with a salad for a meal. 
Here is what I used, but you can be creative and change it up to meet your needs:

2 sheets of thawed puff pastry
Cheese: I used 8 oz of Gruyere and Shaved Parmesan Cheese
Mushrooms: I used one Portabella mushroom, cremini and white mushrooms
Asparagus: you will need about half a bunch
3 garlic coves
2 shallots


Lay your puff pastry out and layer your choice of cheese in the middle:


Clean your mushrooms and slice thinly


Separately saute mushrooms, asparagus, shallots in olive oil.
Sprinkle with salt/pepper and add crushed garlic

Remove and place on a plate for now. 



Layer all the veggies on top of the cheese:


Bake at 350 for about 25 minutes or until golden brown like so:




Sprinkle with cheese


Slice with a pizza cutter into squares or rectangles to serve.


Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! What a creative meal for your family. I like the idea that you always have mushrooms in your fridge. Mushrooms are a great source of different vitamins, so using it as a cooking ingredient can make any recipe healthy and delicious. I’d love to try your recipe. I’m pretty sure it’s delicious!

    >Mack Shepperson

    ReplyDelete