Master Bedroom Curtains


As some of you may know, I have just finished remodeling my master bathroom and have moved towards our Master Bedroom, slowly but surely it is coming around. 


 I had trouble finding curtains that I loved. I had something in my head, however I couldn't find anything I liked at the store or online. Don't you hate it when that happens?

So I decided to make the curtains. Well Semi-home made :)

Here they are:





First off, I am going to apologize for the quality photos, I was working on these curtains at night while the kidos were in bed, so the lighting is horrid! 


To start you need two solid curtain panels. 

If you have an IKEA near you, I suggest checking them out.

 I bought two panels at IKEA for only $24.99! 



Then I needed ribbon. 

I needed 20 yards of ribbon for both of my panels. 

I bought my ribbon at Walmart ($3.79 for 10 yards)

First I worked out a pattern I liked:


Then I cut all of my ribbon to size and melted the edges to prevent fraying:


I used two of these heat & bond tape:


I laid out all of the ribbon and used the Heat & Bond to attach to the curtain:


The curtain grommets were silver, which is not the look I was going for. So I used my gold metallic paint and a tiny paintbrush:


Here they are, I have to say I love them!

Can't beat them for the price!






Thanks for visiting!


15 comments:

  1. i luv them! how did you melt the edges? and how did you do that lamp shade on your ceiling fan?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very cute look! I love the geometric shape to it on the edges!

    ~Cathy Mini

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my goodness!! I love these curtains so much and i love you and your blog!! We have these curtains in our family room and my hubby keeps bugging me to make them more interesting! hahaha! but I have been to afraid to paint them! I love this solution and I might just have to copy you! ;)

    niftythriftymomma.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. they certainly turned out fabulous! i love the greek key style; what a great hack

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your curtains look great. I'm impressed that you were able to keep your ribbon so straight!!! :)

    Lori @ A Bright and Beautiful Life

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are fabulous! The ribbon detailing adds so much ... what a smart idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rita,
    Wonderful job on your entire bedroom (pinned) but I'm especially taken by your clever, oh so stylish, and inexpensive upgrade on the curtains. Call me inspired as I have 2 pairs of IKEA drapes that I've been trying to figure out how to add trim to (pinned the curtains too). You said the trim was from Walmart ... is it just simple grosgrain ribbon and approx how wide is it ... I keep picking either too narrow or too wide trim. Thanks. Newest follower too.

    Robin
    happilyhomeafter.blogpost.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. these look fantastic! Thanks for the tutorial.
    xo Nancy
    Powellbrowerhome.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow fantastic post!! I think it would be such a luxury. all these pictures are looking awesome and curtains designs really beautiful, thanks for sharing with us valuable post, like this post. Great job..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your blog is by far my favorite! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your style & your no sew greek curtains is EXACTLY what I've been looking for!!! Thank you 4 helping us home decor challenged!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Did you have any issues painting the grommets? Did it bleed at all? Did you use painters tape to protect curtains? These look great!

    ReplyDelete