IKEA EXPEDIT facelift

I am sure that almost everyone as an IKEA expedit bookshelf somewhere in their house because they are so inexpensive and offer great storage.

Here is mine in between my living room and family room, plain jane:



Well I spiced it up a bit with a little bit of paint. I actually ordered an Overlay for my bathroom vanity and traced the design onto the shelf. 

 I used painters tape to tape of the straight lines.

The curves I painted with a small artist brush.

I used metallic silver paint by martha stewart.


(If you try this, use a exacto knife to score the tape before you take the tape off, otherwise you are just going to pull the paint off,  Live and learn :)






The before:


And after:

(my little man is peeking in from the family room, such a cutie!!)


Now I just need to find/make some sort of art work for the wall. 


Thanks so much for visiting. 


5 comments:

  1. Wow. Amazing what some paint can do! It's beautiful! Just became a follower. I'd love for you to come link up to our party where we can show off all of our old or new projects! :)
    a href="http://www.cutesycrafts.com/2013/03/an-oldie-but-goodie-10.html - Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks really great and so easy too! Thanks for sharing! JM
    www.jennymeierevents.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What kind of paint was it? Was it interior paint like you would use on a wall? I think this looks fantastic and I'd like to try it on my Expedit bookshelf.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is regular paint, just make sure and seal it with poly so it doesn't scrape of.

      Delete