Refinishing my mirror with Martha Stewart Metallic Paint

Hello my beautiful readers. Today I have another project to show you. 

Check out my new mirror in my Master Bedroom. 

Isn't it just gorgeous? See the before picture below.

(Pardon the towel under the mirror, I want the dresser to completely cure before I place anything on it)


Can you believe that this is the same mirror?


If you want to know how I refinished the mirror, keep reading:

I used Martha Stewart Metallic paint in Vintage Gold and Cast Bronze


I taped off my mirror and used my well loved one inch purdy paint brush.

I used Vintage Gold first


One coat of vintage gold


Two coats of vintage Gold (not sure why it is looking silver)


Then I used the Cast Bronze
I also got a rag and water ready
I used the same paint brush and coated the mirror in Cast Bronzer, then I wiped the paint away, leaving it in the nooks and cranies. 

I kept painting and wiping until I got the look I was going for. 


After Cast Bronze:


And here it is after:



I think it looks lovely with my newly refinished dresser:



Thank you for visiting. :)

5 comments:

  1. I have been reading your blog for a while now and love your DIY projects and you kids are so cute! Your newest follower from threekendrickblessings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!!! I think I will do this to the mirror in our entryway! Where can I find those Martha Stewart paints?
    Selene @ Restoration Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks fabulous especially with the dresser. Good job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I just discovered this paint, and can't wait to try it..

    ReplyDelete