Two done, one more to go!

We have updated two of our bathrooms, the half bath and the kids/guest bathroom
Now it is finally time to work on the last bathroom. Probably the most important bathroom to me: THE MASTER BATHROOM! We have a small house (1700 sq ft) so all of the bathrooms are tiny, including the master bathroom. 

So without further ado, lets take a look with the space we are working with:

This is a tiny hallway in the master, which  leads to the bathroom and closet.
Wasted space, huh? We decided to tear down that wall and make this whole space into the bathroom:



The tiny bathroom with walk in shower:





Step one. Demo 

After seeing the before, I am sure you can understand that I was more then happy to demolish this bathroom. 

Sledge hammer in hand, we took down hallway wall, which opened up the bathroom.
We decided to go with a nice Kohler 18 inch deep bathtub, so I can actually take baths now :). 



We got the tile installed and the plumbing for the vanity and bathtub moved:


Testing out some paint colors:


All painted now!

Look how bright and airy it looks now:



Ikea Vanity and Medicine cabinet installed!

You won't imagine all the storage I have now!
I can store all my makeup in the vanity cabinet and there is a ton of storage in the drawers!

The light fixture is the only thing I don't love here, but we didn't know what else to go with since the medicine cabinet is in the way for any other lighting. 

We still need a new toilet (the toilet we bought doesn't fit the plumbing) and some finish work to do.
But we are so close to a complete bathroom, I can hardly wait until it is all done.


I will keep you all posted with the progress!



4 comments:

  1. Looking good! I love the vanity, and the wall color looks beautiful! I am slightly envious as my bathroom needs an overhaul as well. Can't wait to see the finished room.
    Linda
    mysewwhatblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Knocking down that wall was genius, it's freaking amazing now!! Love the vanity and color of the walls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! How exciting! I remember when we first put in the subway tile around our tub and how perfectly cocaine white all the grout was. Ah, those were the days.
    Could you put a sconce light above where you have the little table sitting, to the left of the vanity?
    Everything looks great. Can't wait to see pictures once you get all your stuff in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks so nice! You saying you have a small house and a small bathroom is all relative. We live in a much smaller home with one bathroom the size of your old master bath. Hoping someday we can beautify it like you did yours. Great job.

    ReplyDelete