Empties (short reviews)

My "empties" box filled up again, so I decided to quickly review them and throw them in the recycling. 



For the hair:

I have been searching for the perfect sulfate/paraben free shampoo for a few months now, I decided to try the Burt's Bees Super Shiny Shampoo and Conditioner. I didn't love it- it left my hair very dry, even after the conditioner. Will not repurchase.
Tresemme curl activator spray/heat protectant, This was alright, but I will not be buying it again. I don't think it did anything to activate curls, I just used it as a heat protectant. After trying different heat protectants, I can say that this one left my hair feel heavy and sticky.
Aussie 3 minute miracle While using the Burt's Bees shampoo/conditioner, my hair was very dry. So I went on a search for a heavy conditioner. 
 I really liked this deep conditioner, it is quick (usually deep conditioners come in a form of a mask you leave on for 30-45 minutes) and It gave me extra conditioning I needed.
 I have already repurchased it. 



For the face:

Crest 3D white strips Loved these! They stay on great, It was nice to have white teeth! I hate that they are so expensive. Will repurchase again.
Acnevire acne gel. This stuff works great. It has sulfur in it. It somehow tightens my skin and reduces redness. Will repurchase
Purity face wash. This works wonderfully to remove makeup. I just use a pea size amount and rub all over my face (including eyes) then rinse off and proceed with my face wash. Already repurchased. 
kiehls spot gel. This stuff is good, but nothing I will run back to the store for. I don't think it is worth $18, it works just as good as any spot treatment for the drugstore. Will not be repurchasing
Makeup Forever Matte Velvet plus foundation. LOVE LOVE LOVE this foundation. It covers my hyper-pigmentation and stays matte for a few hours (I have a very oily t zone) 
I have repurchased again. 






Thats my used up products for now. 
Have you used any of these? What do you think?

3 comments:

  1. I have a love-hate with Aussie stuff. They had a liquid gel back in the 90's that I adored, and just as I was going back for my 4th repurchase, they discontinued it. So I tried the 'sprunch spray'--TERRIBLE! My hair came out so frizzy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried the same Tresemme hair product and I am/was none too impressed. Made my hair feel sticky and as if it needed to be washed. I have not tried any Aussie products as yet, but saw it in our stores here.

    I use a lot of local (South African) products. As for foundation, I'm hooked on Clarins.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just bought the clarins matte foundation about a week ago and I have to say I love it! it gives me a natural looking face and yet still covers well. I have to say I now prefer it to the MUF matte velvet plus. Clarins focuses on skin care so I am not afraid of using the makeup.

      Delete