Sprucing up the playground...




It's getting a little warmer here, and we have been spending more time outside. 
Even with all the weeding and cleaning the yard, there was still a huge eyesore in the yard: 
the  kids playground. 

The previous owner of our house built this playground for his kids.  
However, it really needed sprucing up, the tarp roof ripped a few winters ago after a snow storm, the plastic swings were not very comfortable (little Em kept slipping off them)





At first I wanted to re-stain it, but decided to repaint it with some leftover house paint. 

I ordered a new tarp roof and new swings from Amazon. 

Here is the result:


Little Em loves to water flowers, I decided to put a little flower box for her to water every day. 


I am really happy with the result, plus the kidos are happy too :)




That's our "new" playground... Now the kids can't wait to go and play on it!


Thanks for visiting. :)

4 comments:

  1. Very cute addition to your play structure. Jodi @ www.meaningfulmama.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. gosh I didn't even know you could order replacement tarps, I thought I was going to have to make one and for two years now it has seemed to big of a project! Tarp is ordered and I can't wait to spruce up our swingset :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. gosh I didn't even know you could order replacement tarps, I thought I was going to have to make one and for two years now it has seemed to big of a project! Tarp is ordered and I can't wait to spruce up our swingset :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! Was your paint exterior paint? How is the finish holding up?

    ReplyDelete