Birchbox July 2012


I am always eagerly awaiting my monthly birchbox. It's like a little present for me every month.

Let me tell you what birch box is, just in case you are not familiar with it.
It's a monthly subscription service which is $10.00 a month where you get sent 4-5 high-end samples each month. First you take a little survey so they can find out more about your skin, make up likes and dislikes so they know what to send you.

Plus you get to review the items you get for birchbox points ( 10 points per each item reviewed, 100 points equal $10 you can spend in the birchbox store!)
If you are interested in checking it out, go to Birch Box

This month Birch box teamed up with Glamour Magazine!

Lets see what I got:





What Birchbox says about this product: This finishing gloss prevents UV rays from fading color while organic bamboo extracts keep hair strong and soft. FUll size: $24

What I think: I just got my hair done, I had it striped, dyed and highlights put in. So I have been wearing hats to protect it from the sun, so I am excited to try this. I checked Ulta out and it is very highly rated on there. Can't wait to try it out.




Next thing I got was the Jouer Tinted Moisturizer

What Birchbox says about this product: This lightweight award-winner is our daily short cut to dewy skin that feels natural and looks gorgeous. FUll size: $38

What I think: It's hot outside so I have been avoiding foundations, I have been using BB creams everyday for the past 2 weeks. I like this brand, so I am excited to try out this tinted moisturizer, plus it has SPF, which is a plus. Plus they say it is a award winner?! I have to try that!




What Birchbox says about this product: This elegant floral layers notes of hyacinth and orchid over a rich base of sandalwood and cedar. FUll size: $78-98

What I think: I like it, but don't love it. It has some citrus tones in it which make it great for summer. However, It feels like a evening smell, not something I would wear during the day and I don't go out very much in the evenings. 




Next thing I got was a Stila Lip Glaze
What Birchbox says about this product: This sparkly gloss from a limited edition It's Go Time Lip Glaze Trio combines color with mega watt shine. Set of three is $12

What I think: I was very excited to get this, I really like Stila eyeshadow, but never tried their lip glosses. (I am nervous with the twisty up glosses, bought a few different brands which never worked) I love this color (action) looks great with my skin tone, I will be wearing this a lot. Planning on getting a few whenever I am in Sephora next time. :)



Birchbox Lifestyle extras:

Next thing was a Lara bar :Roasted Nuts Roll

This deliciousness is already in my tummy. Enough said. 



last thing was these adorable ear buds, super cute. Now I know which ones are mine(We have a headphone issue in the house, both hubby and me have the apple ear buds and we never know which one belongs to whom, and somehow mine are always the tangled up, dingy ones... so now I have a new pair.)



That's my birchbox, what did you get this month? leave a link, or a comment :)

5 comments:

  1. Hi Rita! (I commented on your June Birchbox review.) I've had your blog bookmarked for a few months now, love it! Anyhow, I enjoyed my July box, but there are a couple items I'm not interested in trying...(None of those items have been used/opened.)
    + Ada Cosmetics Bronzer
    + Stila lip glaze
    + from June, Jouer Luminizing Moisture Tint

    This is a shot in the dark, but any chance you want to swap all three of my unwanted for your Oscar de la Renta sample? I REALLY wanted to try it!!

    Let me know!

    Elise :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We didn't really care for some items in our box either! Did you get the Eau Flirt perfume sample? What'd you think?

      Daphne
      blog.beautybagg.com

      Delete
    2. I got the "Harvey Prince Hello" and LOVE it! It was quickly approved by my boyfriend. I read about the Eau Flirt, and it didn't sound like a good scent.

      Delete
  2. Whoo-hoo! Gotta love Birchbox! I always find it interesting how different the boxes are... I received totally different stuff in mine (except the headphones). I wish I had gotten that lip gloss! You can check out my box here if you'd like: http://suburbanlivingblog.blogspot.com/2012/07/july-2012-birchbox.html

    Have a great day!
    Your newest subscriber,
    Valeri
    suburbanlivingblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So jealous! Your box was way better than ours!

    Daphne
    blog.beautybagg.com

    ReplyDelete