June 2012 Birchbox



I am always eagerly awaiting my monthly birchbox. It's like a little present for me every month.

Let me tell you what birch box is, just in case you are not familiar with it.
It's a monthly subscription service which is $10.00 a month where you get sent 5-6 high-end samples each month. First you take a little survey so they can find out more about your skin, make up likes and dislikes so they know what to send you.
If you are interested in checking it out, go to Birch Box

This months theme was Jet Set!

Lets see what I got:




First thing I got was a Masqueology Brighteining Mask 

What Birchbox says about this product: This targeted sheet mask features arbutin and mulberry root to help even out your skin tone. FUll size: $24 for three masks.

What I think: I can not wait to try this out, I have heard a lot of good things about these masks, They also have anti blemish ones on their website, I might end up buying some for pampering myself "during that time of the month". 



Next thing I got was a Supergoop face and body sunscreen

What Birchbox says about this product: Water and sweat are no match for this long lasting, oil free lotion, which provides broad spectrum protection while hydrating the skin. paraben, fragrance and oxybenzone free.  FUll size: $48.


What I think: With summer here I can alway use more sunscreen. This sounds perfect for the face, being paraben, fragrance and oxybenzone free. 
  



Next thing I got was  theBalm Stainiac in Beauty Queen

What Birchbox says about this product: Two in one lip and cheek stain which is long lasting. 
FUll size: $17.00.


What I think: I am not to sure about this. I have the benetint and don't love it. But I will try it out anyways. 



Next thing I got was a Comodynes Self tanning towelettes 


What Birchbox says about this product: Who needs the sun when you can get a safe, buildable and natural looking tan with these bestselling European towelettes. 
FUll size: pack of 8- $14.99.

What I think: I am terrified of self tanners, I have NEVER had a good experience with them I have tried a lot of drugstore self tanners and always end up looking blotchy/streaky or it wears off terribly. 
But I guess it doesn't hurt to try it on my legs, but I won't be surprised if I don't like it. 



The last thing I got was a Mod cloth headband and coupon for modcloth
What Birchbox says about this product: pair this retro inspired accessory with big sunnies. 1 head band: $14.00.

What I think: I  love headbands, especially  retro inspired ones. The best this is that it is wired, so when I tie it, it stays in place and does not budge! I am going to buy at least two more with my coupon.



Well that is my June birch box. I am very happy with it this month. 
The mask and headband really made my day. 

What did you get in your Birchbox this month? 
Leave a comment and a link :)

4 comments:

  1. Hi Rita! I've been following your blog for a little while now :) My June Birchbox was pretty good - loved the headband & perfume in mine.

    Still working on finding consistant time to post on my blog, but here's my June Birchbox review post - http://liveartsy.blogspot.com/

    -Elise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for linking your june birchbox. You didn't like the Jouer Tint? I heard good things about it and was thinking of getting one myself.

      Delete
    2. I'm not a huge fan of the Jouer Tint. But my face is sensitive, so I hate wearing any makeup except mascara and eyeliner. I could mail you my sample if you want to try it!

      Delete
  2. I got the brightening mask too, I haven't used it yet but I'm pretty excited. Your headband is my favorite that I've seen so far!!! I got bandaids that my 5 year old daughter loves instead! Haha!!!

    www.homemakerhelp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete