May 2012 Birchbox




I am always eagerly awaiting my monthly birchbox. It's like a little present for me every month.

Let me tell you what birch box is, just in case you are not familiar with it.
It's a monthly subscription service which is $10.00 a month where you get sent 5-6 high-end samples each month. First you take a little survey so they can find out more about your skin, make up likes and dislikes so they know what to send you.

You know how I love trying out new products? Well, with the birch box, I can try high end products without having to buy full size products. If I love the product, then I can go buy it :)

If you are interested in checking it out, go to Birch Box

This month, Birchbox partnered with Gossip Girl. Wahoo! I love gossip girl, I have not missed a single episode. 

So lets take a peek inside:






Here is everything I got:





First thing I got was a Stila Sparkle Waterproof liner

What Birchbox says about this product: pearly shimmer meets intense pigment  in this lasting liner. FUll size: $22

What I think: I could not wait to try out this liner, So I wore it on  Sunday. It really did last me all afternoon-evening, and did not smear. I am definitely going to buy myself the black one. 




The next thing I got was the Ojon Volume advance conditioner

What Birchbox says about this product: Repair stressed strands with this aromatic hair treatment-exotic ojon and monoi oils work together to smooth and hydrate hair. FUll size: $25

What I think: I can't wait to try this product out, because it sounds to good to be true. Something to smooth out your hair and give you volume?? hmmm... We will see, because that is exactly what my hair needs. 



The next thing I got was the Dr. Jart Waterfuse BB Cream

What Birchbox says about this product: Think of this four in one moisturizer, serum, sunscreen, and skin perfecting tint as the swis army knife of your beauty lineup. FUll size: $32

What I think: This is probably the product I am most excited about. I have been wanting to try a BB cream for the longest time, but I could not justify spending $30+ on something I may not even like. 



Next thing I got was the BVLGARI perfume spray

What Birchbox says about this product: Inspired by luminscent crystals, this elegant scent combines notes of lotus flower, bamboo and nashi pear. FUll size: $64

What I think: I really like this scent. it is a soft scent that I can wear everyday. Who knows, it might be the next perfume I get myself. 



And last but not least was the a twist band hair tie

What Birchbox says about this product: Give your ponytail a makeover with these colorful, snagfree elastics. FUll size (12 pack): $18

What I think: now that my hair is growing out of my bob, it is ending up in a pony tail more and more. This is a very comfortable elastic, I am probably going to end up getting myself some. 


They also sent over a blank notecard. 

XOXO

I really liked this months box. What was in your birchbox this month? Leave a link in the comments, I would love to see :)

2 comments:

  1. That is awesome that you got 2 BB Creams!! Have you tried it out yet? I am trying to find a good BB Cream, so I am curious what everyone thinks about that one. I have a post on what I got on my blog.

    P.S. New follower :)

    southernglamourista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I assume that was an error on their part, but I am not complaining, I am glad I got 2 BB cremes. :) I have to say that the coverage is barely there (I have a lot of redness and hyperpigmentation, so this BB creme is not for me. I would need to use A LOT of concealer)

      Delete