April 2012 Birchbox



I am always eagerly awaiting my monthly birchbox. It's like a little present for me every month.
Let me tell you what birch box is, just in case you are not familiar with it.
It's a monthly subscription service which is $10.00 a month where you get sent 5-6 high-end samples each month. First you take a little survey so they can find out more about your skin, make up likes and dislikes so they know what to send you.

You know how I love trying out new products? Well, with the birch box, I can try high end products without having to buy full size products. If you like the product you can go and buy the full size product at birch box.

If you are interested in checking it out, go to Birch Box





OK, lets check this box out.

The theme for this month's box is Natural Wonders.

First thing I got was the J.R. Watkins Hand and Cuticle Salve

What Birchbox says about this product: Slather on this creamy balm pre-manicure to keep your hands and cuticles super soft. FUll size: $7.99

What I think: I love hand salves (currently using Burts Bees)
I feel they work much better then lotions, I just put it on my hands before bed and a wake up with soft hands. I also like J.R. Waltkins, so far I only bought their hand soap from Target, But I love how natural this line is.



Next thing I got was Willa Gentle Cleansing Lavender Facial Towelettes

What Birch Box says: There's no need to cozy up to your sink, wipe away the days debris with these aloe and lavender infused wipes. full size $7

What I think: When I am home I use Olive oil to take off my makeup (it just melts right off) But when I am away from home I grab my neutrogena wipes, so this will be a nice alternative to toss in my travel makeup bag to try out.




Next thing I got was Wonderstruck by taylor Swift

What Birchbox says: The pop-country songstress' scent id as catchy as her lyrics. FUll size $49-$59

What I think: I don't buy perfume inspired by celebrities. I just don't like them, It seems trendy and I like classic perfume. This one smells good, but not something I would get myself. I will keep it in my travel bag and use it on vacation since I don't like bringing my full sized perfume bottles away from home.





Next thing I got was this zoya nail polish

What Birch box says: Lighten up for spring with this fresh shade. The NON TOXIC formula goes on opaque and lasts longer than traditional polishes. full size $8

What I think: Even though I usually wear nudes and pinks on my nails, I was excited to try this polish out because it is non toxic and I usually do my nails with my kids around. The below picture is with only one coat! I love the formula, I will need to find Zoya polishes in stores and pick up some pretty pink or nude colors. (Any one know who sells them?)



Last thing was an EXTRA in the box: dropps laundry detergent

What BirchBox says: Lighten up your laundry day with these single use eco friendly detergent packs. full size $6 for 20

What I think: I am stingy when it comes to detergent, I usually just buy costco brand of detergent and feel that it does a great job. I probably would not be buying this for myself but it will be nice to try out.


Thats wraps it up!

What did you get in your birch box? If you have a post, leave a link in the comments and I would love to come and check it out :)

3 comments:

  1. I searched around and I didn't see any actual stores that carry Zoya. You can purchase it at www.zoya.com or amazon also carries it (sometimes as cheap as $5.00).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been considering signing up for Birchbox so thanks for the information. As always, I love your posts. You are one of the first ones I check out every morning.

    Happy Thursday to you.

    ReplyDelete