Our Half Bath

Today you get to take a peek into our down stairs half bath

I am really pleased with the outcome, considering that it took us only 2 days to pull it together.

We spent $500 on this update. More then I wanted to spend, but you should see the before, the whole thing had to go!



Here is the before
Huge vanity, big old mirror, wooden towel rod, wooden toilet paper holder

(oh yeah, this house had wooden toilet seats when we moved in, that was the first thing we replaced. LOL, It just didn't seem sanitary)

Gosh, I hated this bathroom!

I was going to just paint the vanity, but I could not find a counter/sink in this size
Then we thought about tiling the counter, but that seemed like to much work.

So we decided to rip it all out


The vanity was $129 at IKEA
The sink/counter was $100 at IKEA

I fell in love with the vintage inspired faucet at IKEA, which was $69.99

I used left over paint for the walls

I used this FREE template for the stenciling





I saw this Martha Stewart light fixture long before we started working on this bathroom, I just fell in love with it and I knew right away that I wanted to use it in my bathrooms



Well, that wraps it up

Thanks for visiting

20 comments:

  1. Wow, that looks absolutely gorgeous! You totally transformed and brightened up your bathroom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks amazing! It's so much like my half-bath reno! We did the stenciling too. I really wanted that mirror, but I had to make do with the one I had. Check it out here: http://www.lifeonmarsblog.net/2011/09/powder-room-reveal.html
    GREAT JOB!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks amazing!! I replaced all the wood toilet seats as soon as we bought our house too :) They just give me heebie jeebies

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what an amazing transformation! Your new bathroom looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is beautiful. Love the wallpaper!

    If you get a chance - love for you to link up to my "Made by ME" linky party: http://www.jaqsstudio.com/2011/12/made-by-me-9-linky-party-and-features.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes, that is quite a transformation. Lovely... Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is an amazing transformation! I LOVE the stenciling & colors you used. I'm your newest follower from the Girlish Whims party. If you get a chance, I'd love you to stop by my blog & maybe follow along too!
    Sally
    loveofhomes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. that is super fabulous! i just bought that same light for our retro basement makeover. but we put in a big ol cabinet like your before-the boyfriend didn't want space on either side. i would have showed him this before we did anything if i'd seen it earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a HUGE difference! The stenciling is beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a transformation! Great job all the way!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now a million times better - awesome job on the transformation!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The transformation is amazing! Great job!

    Coley @
    whatyoumakeit-coley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. WoW! What a transformation! I love it, great job! Your newest fan!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice job! I so want to redo our bathrooms, but I'm afraid to rip everything out. Good to see a positive result!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks amazing. I love the template for the wall. It is such a classy look. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the stencil! (The old hand towel ring had me laughing!)

    makingitfeellikehome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. What Color paint did you use for walls and stencil??? Looks Amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the walls are Sterling by Behr. However I am not sure what the stencil color is since I have since changed the bathroom and made stripes instead.

      Delete