Our Dining Area

Welcome to our dining area

We don't have a huge house, so we do not actually have a formal dining room.
Which I love, since a fancy dining room would be a waste of space,
because we don't have fancy dinner parties.

My daughter plays at the dining table (usually on it) while I prep dinner.
I love how open it is to the kitchen.

I hope you guys like it:




Here is a the before, or actually the "during" remodel






I bought my table, chairs and bench at IKEA
It expands, so it is perfect for lots of family and friends



The chandelier is from overstock, and I have to say.. I LOVE it. I am so glad I found this and didn't settle on something from home depot.



Where the kitchen and dining area meet

(I still need to find some stools. I am thinking metal stools... hmmm..)



The curtains are from IKEA

They come 96 inches long,
I just hemmed them and created loops on the top to get this neat look:



Well, that concludes our dining room tour :)

Thanks for visiting.



13 comments:

  1. What a fabulous dining room! Great lighting fixture! I love Overstock.com...I've had great luck there with their faucets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your dinning room & kitchen! It looks like you live in a model home!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow very pretty! love the colors:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice and charming....I liked it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome! I love your backsplash pattern. Also the wall with the mirror in your dining area is fabulous. Is that wallpaper or did you paint that? So pretty!
    Stopping by from One Artsy Mama
    lifewiththehawleys.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful! Your colors are great! Some industrial metal stools...fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's perfect and love that you have the bench in there...your kitchen looks great too!...going to go back and look around some more...come on over for a visit...happy wknd, Mariaelena

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your kitchen makeover--it looks so fresh and modern. Beautiful choices with the light, drapes and kitchen shelving. (Metal stools would be a perfect addition, too.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, what a fabulous makeover! I love it! So glad you shared at Shine On Fridays...hope to see you again next weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the subtle stencil on the wall behind the mirror. What did you use to do that? Is it a sheen on sheen effect or metallic?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am in love with those curtains.. and your butcher block countertop!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely lovely! So clean and open! I'm going to feature this tomorrow at I Made It! Monday so be sure and grab a button from the sidebar when you link up again.

    ReplyDelete