Monday, August 15, 2011

Picnic Bridal Shower


My little sister is getting married this month!!

As you can see bellow, I come from a large family (6 girls & 1 boy)

We threw my sister a vintage inspired picnic bridal shower

Here are some pics I wanted to share:


Here are the girls of the family:

From the left: Yana, Me, Mary (the bride), Kristina, Julie, Annette



Me and my sweet little sister AKA: The bride:


We had a long buffet table with lunch, desserts and drinks, Then we spread blankets and threw some throw pillows on the ground for eating and lounging:



We made the bunting ourselves, we used sheets as table cloths:


The drinks:


We personalized the water bottles:


(my mom did not have a pastry bag (shocking) so we had to frost old school, with a knife)

I made the tiered tray out of some plastic dishes and a candle stick:



We love our seven layer bars:


The lemon poppy seed bundt cake was so yummy:


Our simple centerpiece cake:



It would not be a party without cake pops!


My sister made some yummy cranberry scones:


Little pouches of cherries, so cute and practical for a picnic:


Potato chips
We made the bags out of freezer paper:


Some colorful veggies with ranch dip, also very practical for a picnic:


For lunch we had eggplant and turkey sandwiches each individually wrapped:


A few more pics of the table:



We had some music, the radio was so cute!


One of the games we played was splitting up into 3 groups and creating a bridal gowns, my sister the ( aka the bride) was the judge, she picked the wining team.

Off course we did a runway walk
(what can I say, we all have a little project runway spirit in us)


Opening presents:


The beautiful couple

May God Bless Them!!


I can not wait until their wedding!!!


6 comments:

  1. oh my goodness what a beautiful party! i love all the small details and the picnic theme. so beautiful! best wishes to the bride:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and your Sisters are so cute! All the food looked fabulous, right down to the veggie cups!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful party. I love all of the personal touches. She'll no doubt treasure those memories forever.

    Thanks for sharing about your family. Congrats to your sis1

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful sisters!!!I love the waay the water bottles are personalized. What a wonderful party!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun! What a sweet group of sisters you have- i bet your house was a blast growing up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, beautiful! the bridal shower looked so whimsical! I am featuring you today on SPunky Junky!

    Halsey

    ReplyDelete