Paded ipad pouch


Ever Since my hubby got me the new I Pad, I have been looking for a cute case or pouch for it.
I found a few on Etsy, but most are over $30.00, I didn't want to spend the money, because deep inside I knew I could make one myself for a fraction of the price.

And I was right, I was able to make one!


Here it is:



Do you want to see how I made it? Well keep reading then :)

You need:
Zipper (10 inches or longer)
Fabric for the outside of the pouch (2 pieces cut: 9 1/2 X 12)
Fabric for the inside (lining) of the pouch (2 pieces cut: 9 1/2 X 12)
Fabric for the ruffle (2 pieces cut 6x16)
Fleece interfacing (I doubled it, so you need 4 pieces cut: 9 1/2 X 12)


Pin the doubled interfacing to the front fabric and divide it evenly into thirds (mark with pen):



Sew straight down the marked lines:

Next, we need to prepare the ruffles. Iron down the two edges 1/2 an inch:

Measure 2 1/2 inches from the bottom and pin:

Then start sewing the ruffle and randomly ruffling it:

Once you finished one side, sew down the other side, also randomly ruffling:

Now you should have this:


Ok, now we need to attach the zipper. Lay your lining down and then your zipper on top:



Then lay your outer fabric down (right side down):



Now sew the three pieces together along the top edge (1/4 seam):



Flip over, This is what you should have now:


At this time, I attached my label to the interfacing (optional):

Then you need to top stitch close to the edge:


Now we need to sew on the other piece-
Lay your lining down (right side up) and then lay your fabric with zipper on top of that:

And then lay your other outer piece (right side down):



Sew close to the edge once more and then top stitch:



This is what you should have now:



Now, leave your zipper half way closed:

Now, place your lining together and your outer fabric together and pin:


Sew around the three sides. You will need to leave the bottom of the lining un-sewed:



Like so:



Once the edges have been sewed, cut the zippers close to the fabric:



Clip the corners:



Turn inside out:



Lastly, fold in the seam at the bottom of the lining and pin:



Sew shut:

Now stuff the lining into the pouch and you are all done!









Featured on:

Confessions of a Stay At Home Mommy

Sew Happy Geek


IhookedupwithHoHlamespice

19 comments:

  1. love those fabrics together:) i still need to make a laptop bag too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Mu hubby just got a tablet and asked me to sew him a cover. This is perfect! I would love it if you would link up to my Tuesday Confessional link party going on now: http://www.craftyconfessions.com/2011/06/tuesday-confessional-link-party.html
    ~Macy from Confessions of a SAHM

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is awesome!! GREAT tutorial!
    http://jaysonandashley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for linking up to Tuesday Confessional. You've been featured, so grab yourself a button and get your brag on! http://www.craftyconfessions.com/2011/06/tuesday-confessional-sew-awesome.html

    ~Macy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there, I really enjoy reading your blog and would like to give you the One Lovely Blog award. You can grab the button and rules from my blog. Anna x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea!It looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable & practical!
    http://sweetteaserendipity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE this and would love it if you would link it up at my linky party: http://tinyurl.com/upcycled52

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd love for you to join me at Inspire Me Mondays. This week's linky party is open for one more day. http://singingthreelittlebirds.blogspot.com/2011/06/inspire-me-monday.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. How stinkin cute and awesome is this? seriously I love it if I get an ipad I am soooooo going to try to make this :) I found you through the House of Hepworths linky party and just had to stop by. I am your newest follower and cant wait to check more of your blog out. Come and visit me and say hi and please follow back :)

    A mommy's life...with a touch of YELLOW
    tyandwhitneyulrich.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey, just wanted to let you know I've featured your link today on SewHappyGeek's Feature Friday! Go get a button :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is the cutest! I am your newest follower, come follow me?

    Also, where did you get your labels?

    {www.hannahshands.blogspot.com}

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great step-by-step tutorial, so clear that I think I could manage to make one myself! I love that it has a zipper AND padding, because I am super protective of my iPad. I featured you today on my gift idea roundup as part of my Christmas In July series :)

    http://sunshineandchaucer.blogspot.com/2011/07/christmas-gift-ideas.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am going to use this for an ipod touch. Love your blog!

    Your newest follower,
    abby
    i---create.blogspot.com
    (come check out my blog please!?)

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE IT! I'm itching to make an iPad case! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this project so much I featured it at my weekly Hookin' Up with HoH Link Party! Congrats!

    Feel free to stop by and grab a button!

    xoxo

    Allison @ House of Hepworths

    ReplyDelete
  18. This turned out great! I do the same things as you - see something and then decide that I can make it for cheaper then it is selling for! ;)
    Anyway, I am featuring you tomorrow at my link party! Stop by and share what else you have been working on and grab a button!

    ReplyDelete