Baby Big But Pants

Do these make my but look big?




What can I tell you? I have one adorable chunky baby with a huge cloth diaper booty:




It has been a challenge to find pants that fit this little munchkin. I had the same problem with my daughter, so this challenge is not new to me. With her I settled with sweat pants a size up. But now that I have a sewing machine, I decided to try and make some pants.
After I scoured the blog land for some tutorials on big but pants, I kept coming at the same conclusion: Rae's Big But sewing pattern.

Off course, me being such a penny pincher, I did not want to pay $10.00 for the pattern, So I attempted making some pants myself with the same idea as Rae's pants. However, they didn't work out, They still were not big enough in the thigh area.

After that FAILED, I went and bought the pattern online.

And I am sure glad I did. When you think about it, I can make endless amounts of pants and shorts for my little guy, the pattern goes up to 2T.

I made these out of knit, That is all I had on hand today. I will certainly be making more once I hit the fabric store.

I made his in size 12 months. I love how wide they are in the leg:


See how wide they are in the crotch? No pinching there:


Love them!


The pattern is easy to follow, After using the directions on the first two, I was able to make the third pair without using the directions at all.

I made all three pairs during the kids nap time.



These two are made out of my hubby's old t-shirts:



I highly recommend this pattern :)

8 comments:

  1. Wow - those are great! Maybe I will have to give them a try. We just normally size up in our house, which DS needs anyways since he is a chunk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for entering the giveaway and good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute blog! I'm your newest follower:) Thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog at Loving Life. Come back and visit any time:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. so cute pictures....so adorable....u have a great blog

    http://www.etsy.com/shop/Rosabellebyvasu

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sooo cute ;). Thank you for sharing it at the link party.

    ...♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! Thanks for visiting my blog Doodle La!

    Those are adorable pants! I'll have to look into the pattern for my little guy. He doesn't fit much with his fluffy cloth dipes on. I like the idea of using a stretchy knit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job on the baby pants! Thank's again for linking to Sew Woodsy last week! Keep on linking great projects!

    ReplyDelete