From Placemat to Throw Pillow!


I love pillows, I love changing them out when the mood strikes. Which would cost more, but I sew pillows out of leftover fabric like here, and a old sheet here.

This is an example on how to change out your pillows for $2.99:

First I got this pretty placemat at Target, it was only $2.99:

I opened one of the sides with a seam ripper:

I stuffed my old pillow in there:

And then I sewed it shut:

Isn't that easy!! So if you see a placemat out there that matches your decor,
make a pillow out of it :)

Happy Crafting

10 comments:

  1. simple and very cool...did you make the white one too???love it as well...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you. yes i made the ruffle white one to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, you've got to be kidding me! That's BRILLIANT! I seriously can't imagine walking down the placemat aisle in Target and thinking, "Hmmm, I wonder if I could stuff a pillow in there." lol...seriously creative.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol. Thanks. They actually have a pillow with the same fabric for $10.00. I guess I saved $7.00.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a clever idea.....love it! Can't wait to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great minds think alike.... http://prettyladydesigns.blogspot.com/2011/03/quick-fix-placemat-pillows.html

    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi from your newest follower via Crafty Soiree, Karima from
    www.karimascrafts.com
    and
    www.karimasblogs.blogspot.com

    I too have just made some cushions this week - Love your idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay, even *I* can do this! :) Thanks for this great tip!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just found your blog... you have some awesome projects! (I just love when I come across a new one...) Anyway, quick question, what size pillow or pillow form fits inside the placemat? This is my kind of pillow to make. (I hate making them.)

    ReplyDelete